Monday, June 6, 2011

Greetings from Seattle

How about we just pretend that I haven't been MIA for the last several weeks? Good? Great!



This is the view from my oh so lovely hotel room in Seattle. Not too shabby right? Each year I attend one of my all time favorite work releated conferences, the American Railway Development Association Annual Conference, and it is always held in excellent locations. (Next year is Disney World and you know the fam is going along for that little trip!) The travel here was exhausting, mainly because there were no good flights from AR to Seattle and it took me 9 HOURS to get here. Ugh. But it really is a beautiful city and has THE BEST SEAFOOD EVER.

The only slightly sad thing about these conferences is that I actually have to work when I'm in attendance which means not a whole lot of free time. According to Jeremy its the price I pay for "being important". We all know the hubs is not exactly the social butterfly so he just can't figure out why I joined the Executive Committee with ARDA and took on all kinds of responsibilities. I can answer that with one word- NETWORKING. And it pays off big cause it's all about who you know in the railroad industry.

Luckily for me, my major responsibilities are complete for this trip so I can relax a little for the rest of the conference. But as soon as I get home I'll be running crazy again. I have about a million and one things left to do for my friend's baby shower this Sunday, my brother and his family are going to be in town on Friday, I will be in southwest AR Saturday morning for a work event, and then there is a crawfish boil at a friend's house that afternoon. Whew! And somewhere in there I have to find the time to be crafty, buy some girly booze, and bake a whole bunch of sweets. And possibly detraumatize my kiddos. Hubs sent Seeley to daycare today without any lunch . . . my poor babies need their mommy back!! :)

2 comments:

dave and jenn said...

Bless your heart! I had no idea you had this much going on this week! Can I do anything to help? I really appreciate everything you're doing for the shower and can't wait to see you!

Steph said...

Don't even suggest it or think it Jennifer!! I'm sooo excited about your shower this weekend and I'm loving every minute of getting ready for it! I've been waiting for this weekend for months; its the other stuff that has just popped up in the last week or so! :) But, it's no big deal because I am one heck of a multitasker!! Ha! And whether Jeremy knows it or not he's going to be baking right along with me. :)