Tuesday, January 27, 2009
But, back to this rut. It's not what you would typically think-the routine of day to day life doesn't bother me. In fact I'm so anal that any deviation from our routine gets on my last nerve. But anyway, this rut is more of a fashion/appearance rut. Unfortuately for me I'm still holding onto about 10-15 extra pounds of baby weight. Or more correctly, my ass and belly are holding onto them, so 99% of my old clothes don't fit. So I have a very limited wardrobe. And I refuse to purchase anything else because I'm determined to fit into my old clothes one day. You can only wear the same clothes and t-shirt jeans combo so many times before you want to shoot yourself.
I've tried to work out at home after work but that is nearly impossible. I have to cook, clean, get Emma around for bed, and I feel terrible if I don't get in some good quality time with her. So, I think I'm going to join the gym again. Instead of trying to work out after work I'm going to do it during work. No more lunch breaks for me-straight to the gym for a workout and then back to the office. And, a hardcore diet is in order. It's very difficult to diet around my house-Jeremy has an enormous sweet tooth and can eat whatever he wants without gaining a pound. Me-I have no willpower and just looking at something makes it magically appear on my ass.
So, I need everyone who reads this to hold me accountable. Every week or two I'll write a quick post about how my diet/workout plan is progressing. Since I don't want to fail publically I'll be more apt to stick to my plan! Assuming I can get out of my driveway tomorrow I'll join the gym then. If not it may be next week since Emma is getting tubes placed in her ears Friday.
Then, I can get Jennifer to tell me her favorite stores on ebay!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Don't pretend you didn't recognize the song she was rocking to!
Friday, January 16, 2009
1. Head and Shoulders is THE BEST shampoo for your hair and skin. Yes, it is true. I started seeing a new dermatologist because my face still thinks I am 15 and I have massive acne breakouts (sigh) and he recommended that I switch from my Matrix shampoo to this. Shampoo plays a big part in breakouts, particularly on your face or neck and back. ( Thank the good Lord I only have to worry about my face or I would have jumped off a cliff a long time ago) Head and Shoulders does not aggrivate acne or breakout prone skin. And, believe it or not it actually smells good now too-it has come a huge step up in the world. Also FYI-Pantene is the WORST shampoo to use! If you own it throw it out!
2. Cover Girl makeup is terrible. I own very little (mascara actually is all) but my dermatologist said it is the worst makeup for your skin. It's thick and will clog your pores like nobody's business.
3. Neutrogena products are actually the best for your face/skin because they are made with acne prone teenagers in mind. Ditto with their makeup. (Again, from my dermatologist. He's actually pretty prominent in the industry so I trust him. And, I've lived by his recommendations the last few months and have seen improvements)
4. ION, made by the genuises that brought us the CHI flat iron, is a wonder product. You spray this on your hair and it is shiny and silky smooth. I mean SHINY-as in shampoo commercial blind you if the sun hits it just right shiny. Warning:use sparingly because a little goes a long way. Too much and you look like you have not washed your hair in a year.
5. Aveeno Lotion is an absolute Godsend during winter months. Dry patches be gone!
6. Bare Minerals Multi-Tasking Powder can cover up any blemish on your face or dark circles under your eyes. Seriously. Buy it on ebay and save yourself some cash.
Here's hoping my discoveries can help you out too!
Monday, January 12, 2009
My brother Jeremy, his wife Donna, and three year old son JJ. I also have a niece Alicia who is 6 but wasn't able to come.
Here's JJ playing peek-a-boo with Emma during lunch. She was just mesmerized by him and thought it was great that a big kid was playing with her.
And finally, me with my brother and JJ. Can you see a little of the family resemblance? Thank God I look like someone I'm related to, I was starting to wonder. Those of you who know my mom and sister know that there is no resemblance there whatsoever.
We were sad that there wasn't more time to visit, but hopefully we'll see them again soon.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
2003- Our Wedding