Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Letters to Seeley

Seeley boy, you have blown my mind this month!  I can't get over what a big boy you have turned into.  Every single day you come up with something new, and it just makes me so happy.


Even when the new things you learn aren't exactly awesome in Mommy's opinion. Like peeing outside. Yes, I know you're a boy. And yes, I'm sure it's totally awesome to just whip it out whereever you want. I can understand the appeal. But, we really need to work on the timing. Doing your business when no one is around-cool. Doing your business when a parade of cars is going by- not so cool.

But, I'm also beyond excited that you're actually going somewhere other than in a diaper. So, I'm ignoring the sudden interest in peeing outside and keeping my eye on the prize. I'm shooting for a diaper free house, and with the exception of night time we are there! Yay! I've got to admit, I was starting to get a little worried. You just didn't care about potty training, period. There was lots of bribery at our house this month. The promise of some new Batman toys finally convinced you that the potty was pretty cool. Thank you Batman!

And I completely adore you in your big boy undies.

Speaking of Batman- you are all about some Batman here lately. You want to play with your Batcave every single day. And you insist that whoever is playing with you has to "sit in floor". In the exact place you tell us to. And we only get to play with the action figures you give us. You're pretty generous with me; I usually get a Batman and a pretty good villian like Bain. You don't let Daddy play with Batman and I think that's awesome. I like to rub it in! :) Daddy usually has to leave the room when I play Batman with you though. Apparently I don't stay true to the characters. According to Daddy, the Penguin and Mr. Freeze can't team up. Or fight against each other. Or apparently do anything that wasn't previously in a comic book. You and I like to make it up as we go. We're "outside the box" thinkers like that!

You also learned how to operate the Blu-ray player. I've watched The Lorax, Toy Story, Monster House, and Thomas the Train until I know every word. And the songs from The Lorax are pretty catchy, in that annoying can't-get-it-out-of-my-head kind of way. I caught myself humming one today at work.

Other big things in your world lately:

Mud riding.


A sudden obsession with belts.

Rubbing your naked bottom on people. Especially Emma. She screams like you're killing her and you chase her through the house laughing like a loon.

Just being naked in general. Usually from the waist down. Don't ask me how this little obsession got started. I can promise you that you haven't observed it from the rest of us.

 Your smiles and hugs make my day and never fail to make me smile. Thank you for being the sweet boy you are. I love you "this much"!



Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Steph, he looks a little like you in a few of those pictures!