Monday, October 26, 2009

Adrenaline Junkie

It's official-Emma is a bonafide adrenaline junkie. Do you see the gray starting to show up in my hair?!


Saturday night we went to Malvern Elementary's Fall Festival with our sis-in-law Holly, nephew Holton, and MeMe. Holly and MeMe both work at the elementary and we thought it would be fun for Emma to go and play with Holton. One of the major attractions was this huge 18' inflatable slide, something very similar to this:
Emma kept wanting to run right to it and I was steering her away from it about 20 times a minute. Don't judge-She's not even two for crying out loud! She's still my little baby! Eventually I gave up and let her give it a try. You have to climb up this ladder thing in the back to even reach the top, so silly me I was thinking this would deter her. Not one bit! She climbed up that ladder like a little monkey on a mission (and there were 5th or 6th grade kids who couldn't even climb up this thing!). I stood behind to make sure she wouldn't fall and then I fully expected her to make it to the top and turn right back around once she looked at how far down it was to the bottom. Nope. She turned around once to smile at me and then off she went. Jeremy was waiting at the bottom to catch her and was laughing his butt off. As soon as she got off she wanted to run around and do it again so Jeremy took her that time so I could watch her come down. She was loving every minute of it and went about 7 times before the older kids started getting rough and I made her stop. Guess she's not such a little baby anymore. Boo!
Sunday the weather was so nice we spent almost all afternoon outside after church. Emma insisted on swinging for about 30 minutes and she wanted to go HIGH and FAST. If you let her slow down she would demand "MORE!".

I have a feeling we're going to have a lot of broken bones and bruises if this keeps up!

2 comments:

Mollie said...

OMG! I think I got motion sick just watching her swing! You guys should come with us Wednesday night to our church's fall festival. Kids can wear their costumes. Last year they had a big bouncy slide like you pictured..maybe they will this year too.

dave and jenn said...

That was hilarious! Dave had to come in and see what was going on on the screen!

I see rollercoasters in her future. :-)