Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MIA

I'm still alive, don't worry. I've just been super busy and haven't been able to blog dutifully. I've got a lot to catch up on so here we go. . . .

First, I'm back from Omaha safe and sound. This should be my last business trip for the year, knock on wood. I have supreme guilt every time I leave Emma so it's nice to be home and cuddle with my little monkey.

Jeremy turned the big 3-0 on Sept 26th. I felt kind of bad because I didn't plan him a big blow-out bash, we just went to eat at Fisherman's Wharf in Hot Springs (best seafood ever. period.) and on Saturday night we had the normal family dinner at his mom's house. When I apologized to him for not making a bigger production out of his birthday he laughed in my face and said "why? It's just another day!" That eased my guilt considerably. Here's Emma feeding the ducks that like to congregate on the water right off the outdoor dining area at Fisherman's Wharf.

She thought this was fantastic and it took a lot of patience on our part to keep her seated long enough to eat any of her meal. (I really need to start counting all of the pictures I have with Jeremy in a razorback shirt. Perhaps it's time to make him buy other clothing.)

The next morning we got up at 6:30, Emma's preferred time to start the day, and made Daddy some sugar cookies. His fave. I got her this awesome pink apron at Williams and Sonoma. Love. She was a little ticked off at first that she had to wear it, but she got over it quick enough. (The first picture shows her wearing her mad face.)



Decorations for Emma's b-day party are coming along slowly but surely. I still have a lot to do and only a little time left to do it. I'll post some pics of the finished product, but for right now just pray for me that I can recreate a Wild West town in my yard. And that it doesn't rain.

Over the weekend we went to Garner Family Homestead Farm for our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch. PopPop was at the Razorback game so it was just the three of us and MeMe. Last year Emma really didn't care about the outing but this year she had a blast. She was so excited about getting her "punkin" that she could hardly stand it. And the weather was kind of crisp so it was perfect fall and pumpkin weather.


I've decided that I desperately need new clothes for fall. I've reverted to Jeremy's favorites-a razorback t-shirt. Aargh! Jennifer-guess what we're going to do next month when I come to Fayetteville (hopefully!)?!

And finally, I'm trying to become more involved with our chruch so I joined a Beth Moore bible study class and to my surprise I'm really enjoying it. I didn't know what to expect but we're almost half way through the course and I'm really learning a lot. I was really involved with a youth group when I was in high school, but didn't really learn alot. It was more of a little learning here, a lot of fun activities and trips there. We may do another bible study in the spring that I may sign up for. I have a lot of things in my life to be thankful for, so its probably time I really start showing it.

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Yes, we will definitely go shopping! We may pick up some shirts for Jeremy while we're out too. :-)

I did a Beth Moore Bible study several years ago and thought it was good! Enjoy!

You are very brave for taking on a Wild West theme and setting it up in your yard. It sounds spectacular!