Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wedding Shower-Love Birds

My baby sis is getting married in a few weeks and my cousin Gala and I threw her a wedding shower this past Sunday. Since her hubs to be Johnny is into birds I decided to play around with that a little bit and did a Love Birds theme. We kept the decorations pretty simple; especially since we were invading my mom's house due to the chaos at mine with Operation Nursery in full swing. A lot of white with small purple accents. (wedding colors are purple and silver)

I was in such a hurry to get over there following church I completely forgot my camera. I managed to swipe a few photos from other people but I've got to warn you that you won't get the full effect of my awesomeness. :)
Here's the food table complete with my latest project- a tree featuring two love birds. It's a little hard to see the tree due to the window and light colored walls.

Here's a slightly better view of the tree.I recycled an existing planter by painting it white and then "borrowed" some tree limbs from our vast acreage and spray painted them silver. I purchased the love bird Christmas ornaments off of ebay. I think they make a cute keepsake. We kept the food pretty simple; finger foods and cake. My cousin Gala made the cake.

The refreshment area:

I used the yummiest and simplest punch recipe ever. Ginger ale and sherbet ice cream. Yum! It's especially tasty with pineapple sherbet.

Gala also had a really cute idea, which was to have all the attendees write marriage advice on a card and place in a keepsake box. Ashley read them out load after she had opened all of her presents and the advice ranged from really good (some women had been married 30+ years) to absolutely hilarious (multiple divorcees).

And of course, here she is opening presents:Four of us went in together and bought her 10 place settings of her china. Macy's was having an awesome sale so we got a super good deal on it. I wanted her to have something special that she would still use or remember 50 years from now. At my wedding showers I got tons of practical stuff- towels, sheets, Tupperware, glass dishes, etc. But I only got 2 place settings of china so over the years I've had to purchase the rest. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciated all of my gifts but your china is just something that you will always have and remember.

On to Operation Nursery- we are pretty much done cleaning out the room. Just a few odds and ends that Jeremy needs to haul out back and put in the storage building. I've already warned him that this is one of my only weekends without commitments so I'm going to need to do some major painting. Since he's off tomorrow I'm going to politely remind him that work comes before cycling and hopefully he'll take the hint and finish cleaning everything out BEFORE he takes off on one of his bikes. Yes, I'm married to a Lance Armstrong wannabe.

Sherwin Williams here I come!

2 comments:

dave and jenn said...

What a cute theme! Your tree looked awesome - that was such a good idea.

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Great job on the shower! And how awesome that you got all her china! Amazing!