Monday, June 8, 2009

Annapolis Update

Annapolis is out of this world beautiful. Old architecture charmingly restored and right on the Chesapeake Bay. . . What's not to love about it? (I'll post pics later) It's seriously making me lust after a house on the water despite the fact that it is WAY out of our budget.

Did I mention that I love to travel . . . well I do. Except for this one tiny thing- I miss Emma and Jeremy like you wouldn't believe! Jeremy has sent me a couple of text messages with pictures of Emma and they make me laugh and want to cry at the same time- I miss my baby!! Here's what he sent me today:






My big girl all dressed and ready for school this morning (note the mess in the background-Jeremy's version of housekeeping) and then anxious for her bath this evening. How sweet is that little bottom I ask you?


But all Mommy longings aside I am enjoying myself. After my meetings today I did some serious shop-til-you-drop for souvenirs. Jeremy and Emma expect presents when I come home and I'm not about to disappoint. A sneak peek:

Jeremy keeps saying he's always wanted a sailboat-who's a good wife? Who? Hopefully the bubble wrap will keep it in one piece on the plane ride home . . .



And not to forget Emma Lou- she gets a stuffed pirate chest with animals that bark, sound like a monkey etc. The crab is just for show.


And we can't forget Mama either! My favorite souvenirs are original art pieces, whether they're sculptures, photographs of local sites, or other artwork. I'm getting ready to redecorate our bedroom in calming colors, mainly blues, and these photos will look awesome framed and on the wall. I'm a sucker for a black and white photograph. I also bought an original watercolor of Annapolis and am having it shipped back home.


I bought a few other odds and ends, and after that marathon of shopping I'm flat worn out! I still need to find something else for Jeremy so maybe tomorrow's excursion will produce something good.


Traveling is great, but there's no place like home. I'll just have to be content to rest my tired feet in my room and look out the window at my view . . .
Jealous?



2 comments:

dave and jenn said...

Ooh, I love black and white photographs too! Girl, I am proud of you for doing some major shopping!

I was just thinking...you and I both like to travel. Why don't we go somewhere together without the husbands? I'm thinking Scottsdale or some other fun place like that....:-)

Brittany Schwaigert said...

Oooo, you got some good buys! I love those prints!