Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Are we still in Arkansas?

What is with this weather lately? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE cold weather. Give me single digit temperatures and I'm a happy girl. But we don't normally get this in Arkansas. And, in my opinion if we're going to suffer single digit temperatures we should at LEAST get some real snow out of the deal. Poor little Emma thinks the small flurries we got a week ago was real live snow. Boy is she going to be disappointed when she gets a little bigger and discovers the truth!

Never the less, I took her outside and we played in the 1 centimeter of snow. She had a blast so I guess that's all that matters.

I kept laughing at her becuase she didn't want to keep her gloves on but she got mad when she actually touched the snow with her bare hands. "Yucky mommy!" Then when she looked down and saw snow on her boots she had a meltdown- "Mommy! MOMMY! My boots are dirty! Fix it!" Got to love a child who knows how to take care of her shoes!

Last weekend Jeremy and I celebrated our 7 year anniversay, better late than never right?! Since he had to work on Saturday we opted for something close to home and rented a cabin on Lake Catherine for the night. My in-laws pipes were frozen so they were more than happy to stay at our house with Emma for the night and enjoy indoor plumbing and water.

Jeremy is huge on camping and outdoor activities, I am to a lesser extent (and by lesser I mean not in the middle of summer when its miserable outside and so long as the bugs stay away from me) so I knew he would get a kick out of our little overnight excursion. I was pleasantly surprised at the cabins, small but very cozy. We explored outside for a little while and then plopped down in front of the fire to watch some movies. I cannot tell you how long its been since we watched a whole movie with no interruptions. Wait, I can tell you! 2 years and 2 months! Ha!



The following morning was beautiful outside and I took some other pictures and just sat on our screened in porch or the swing by the lake for about an hour. In the freezing cold. Apparently we had some neighbors show up late the night before and I'm sure they thought I was nuts because I could see them peeking out the window.


And although I promised Jeremy I would not show all of his failed attempts let me just say that it took 5 tries to get this one semi-good picture. 5. Every time he would take the picture his eyes would be closed. Every time! By the time we actually got this picture I was laughing so hard that I was crying. It was the Johnson Curse at work. No Johnson male can seem to take a picture with their eyes open on the first try. Ever.


We had a lot of fun and have even decided to rent a cabin again when the weather warms up a little and bring Emma Lou with us. There's tons of stuff for her to do outdoors and we really think she'll like it. Best part- they have pet friendly cabins too so if we have to bring the four legged fatties we can. Speaking of fatties I need to post a picture of Rosie-she literally looks like a barrel with legs. I think I have the only beagle on earth that is supposed to weigh 25 pounds but is pushing 50. All doggie diets have failed miserably.

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

The five takes were worth it - good picture!!!