Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What's in a name?

Ok, since I've posted our little man's name, both on this blog and facebook, I've been bombarded with questions about how we came up with it. (And I'm super pleased that so few people have actually heard of it-success!)

As I've mentioned before, Jeremy and I did not have a single boy name picked out we were so confident baby #2 was another girl. And if you know me, you know I'm super anal about these things and it was a life or death situation to me that we had nothing picked out. (Emma's name was decided on a month before the gender reveal ultrasound.) So THE DAY of the ultrasound I went back to work following the doc appointment and made a long list of names I liked; probably 10 or 15. Jeremy and I met for lunch and narrowed the list down. His one and only contribution to the list was Seeley. And subsequently I think its awesome that's the name he went with.


Only ONE person has recognized the name Seeley- props to my little sis Kerry! Seeley is the name of a television character on Bones; FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth. Hilarious right? I've never heard the name Seeley used before or since. What can I say, inspiration comes from the strangest places.


And I can't help but include a shameless plug for the tv show- if you don't watch it you SHOULD. It's fabulous. It doesn't hurt that the actor that plays Seeley is sexy. I've admired him from afar since his days on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Back then he was a brooding and gorgeous vampire. Aaah. My little heart just goes pitter pat!
And yes, I realize I have a very eclectic taste in television.
And yes, Jennifer, I broke the news to Jeremy last night about Disney on Ice and he was super thrilled (insert extreme sarcasm). I'll be sure and take pics!

No comments: