Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm Melting . . .I'm Melting . . .

That about sums it up.

This weather is beyond ridiculous; 90-100 degrees in June?! Really? I'm very scared to see my upcoming electric bill.

I'm not a whiner by nature. I'm sure my sweet hubs could pick several unflattering adjectives to describe me; bossy, demanding, impatient, but whiny is not normally something I do. (And for the record, I don't necessarily think the unflattering adjectives above are bad personality traits. Just saying.) I put up with a lot of crap, turn the other cheek, and just generally deal with whatever comes sans whining. My motto is whatever comes, good or bad, the Lord will not give me more than I can handle.
But right now, I'm perilously close to breaking that hard and fast no whining rule due to this heat. It's turning me into a sweaty raving lunatic. Seriously. Walking from the front door of my house to the car causes me to break out into a sweat. I'm sweating going down the aisles at Walmart for crying out loud. According to Jeremy, the Walmart thing is just me. Sweaty, swollen me.

So in short, while pregnancy is a huge huge blessing and I try super hard not to complain about any of the unfortunate symptoms, I'm ready to have this baby already. I will gladly trade sleep deprivation for the ability to close my swollen fingers into a fist and to wear shoes other than flip flops without the dreaded "muffin top" foot. You know what I'm talking about. And of course I'm ready to meet the little guy. I'm so anxious to see who he looks like. (Please, please, please look like me. It will be a cruel joke if both of my children look exactly like mini-Jeremys.)
Speaking of Jeremy, I already mentioned that he received his Father's Day gift a little early. Abby the chocolate Lab is doing well and has already taken right up with Emma Lou. I guess Jeremy just thought she would be his dog. Ha! But check out this shot of my pale complexion look-alikes from the lake last week. I heart them both. Hubs is such a super daddy, it makes my heart melt on a daily basis.
I'm feeling especially sorry for hubby today; heat index is going to be 110. Yikes. I consider myself a lucky railroader. Yes, I have to get out in the heat quite a bit and inspect construction sites and do site visits, etc. But I still have the option to spend the majority of my day in a freezing cold office or an air conditioned vehicle. The hubs has to work out in the elements. Normally he's an Engineer. Good- not out in the direct sun. Bad- like most shortline railroads our locomotives do not have air conditioning. This means our shiny black engines turn into ovens sitting in the sun. Unfortunately he was working the ground last week as a Conductor in order to train a new hire. Our conductors typically walk around 10 miles per day doing their normal work. Good-great exercise. Bad-WAAY too hot for that crap in my opinion.
So, whenever I get the urge to whine I keep reminding myself it could be worse. I think I'm going to go out today and buy the hubs one of those little handheld fans. Probably woefully inadequate but just maybe it will create enough of a breeze he won't completely melt.

No comments: