Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Final Celebration of Summer

Is anybody else ready for fall? Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I'm getting a little antsy for it to hurry up and get here already! My fall fever really kicked into gear yesterday when I was at Hobby Lobby and they had out all of their fall decorations.

So, since it was back to work and back to "school" (daycare) for the kiddos this week we decided to take one last family outing last Wednesday to officially say goodbye to carefree summer days. We took Emma to Mid-America Museum and spent about 3 hours exploring the place from top to bottom. I have not been to Mid-America literally since elementary school. But I've got to admit it was kind of fun; Emma had an absolute blast. She and Jeremy were running all over the place trying out everything they could get their hands on. I'm really not sure who was having more fun . . .

There were two exhibits Emma was too afraid to do- an underground mine exhibit and an earthworm. Both involved crawling around in dark spaces and even though Jeremy was with her she was not having it. Jeremy was pretty disappointed because he really wanted to go through the mine exhibit because it had tunnels and rope bridges and other cool stuff. He tried for like 30 minutes to get Emma to do it. She finally said "NO Daddy. I don't want to do it, you go by yourself!" Ha! The last time Emma was at Mid-America she was with her cousin Holton and would follow him through the dark tunnel exhibits; I guess Daddy just wasn't cool enough. I told Jeremy not to worry-next time we'd bring Holton and let the two of them go through the mine so Jeremy wouldn't feel like a pedophile going by himself!

Emma thought the toilet water fountain was the coolest thing in the world. And yes, I've been keeping a watch on her at home to make sure there are no repeats of this. We had a LOOONG talk about how special this toilet was!

I did have more pictures but there is something crazy going on with my computer and I can't find the pictures to save my life. They're here somewhere . . .

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

I LOVED Mid-America as a kid! I would love to go back too. It was one of my favorite places to visit. Sounds like there are a lot of cool new things!