- "Whew! Mommy I don't like Seeley's poopies!"
- "I want to feed Seeley" as she lifts up her shirt and points to her chest
- "I'll help you pay bills. Daddy will give me money."
- "Boom shacka lacka"
- "Gracias" Thank you Dora. Em uses it correctly too.
- "I can't hear you, you're too far away" Her excuse to ignore what I'm telling her.
- "I've told you a million times."
- "FINE!" When she doesn't get her way.
- "Princess Fiona, where are you? Shrek wants his dinner!"
- "I'm counting to three . . ."
- "But Mommy, I'm a good girl. I'll listen. I love you so much." She totally knows how to make me feel terrible for getting onto her.
- "I'm a crab-apple." In response to me asking why she was not being a good girl.
I dodged a bullet with her this past week. We went shopping for some sneakers since she had outgrown her other pair and needed new ones for school. She found this terrible pair of Dora sneakers that were gold foil and pink on the outside. The absolute ugliest things I have ever seen; but she was totally in love. After trying on 10 pairs of shoes I finally managed to distract her enough to sneak some Skechers into the mix and those are the shoes we walked out with. She remembered the Dora shoes when we got home though and was kind of pissed. She threw her shoes across the room crying "I don't want these shoes. They're stupid!" 20 minutes later she was back to loving them. Thank goodness for short attention spans!
I know the day will come when I'll eventually have to buy her something that I think is tacky or terrible. According to my mom you just have to grin and bear it. She had the nerve to compare this situation to my obsession with everything Punky Brewster when I was little. I rocked the multicolor hi-tops and 4 pairs of socks at a time and was totally awesome. So not the same thing!
And speaking of Dora, my mom got Em this doll the other day. It talks and sings and dances. Emma is loving this doll. It creeps Jeremy and I the hell out. Am I the only one who thinks of Chucky when looking at this doll? I don't think so. I keep hoping she'll get tired of it soon but no luck. I shut it up in the closet at night. Don't judge.