Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Why do I even bother?

Why do I even bother to watch football any longer? I love my Arkansas Razorbacks and I know they could have stomped Ohio into the ground last night, if only oh I don't know, someone could have caught a ball every once in a while. Or could have stopped getting penalties. Or would have scooped up the ball and run it into the end zone after blocking the punt in the last seconds of the 4th quarter. Sigh. My blood pressure cannot take another Hogs season. My love for them is going to drive me to an early grave.

On the flip side, I do feel bad for the team. I would imagine the receiver that couldn't receive is feeling a lot worse about the loss than I am. And these are guys anywhere from 6-10 years younger than me-how weird of a thought is that? Am I the only one shaking my head over that? When did I turn into an adult? I swear it was just yesterday that I was sharing a ghetto apartment with my girl Mollie and hitting the gym a few times a week, working and spending way too much money at Maurices, and suffering through Business Statistics at UCA. Now I'm married, two kids, and pushing the big 3-0. Yikes!

And I might also add, just spent my 8 year wedding anniversary watching the Razorbacks lose the Sugar Bowl. Eventually I'm going to make Jeremy take me out to celebrate. But not this weekend, we have a birthday party to attend. So maybe the next . . . . and you see now how I've become an old married woman with no life?! Why do I even bother?

So, to spice things up I'm thinking of throwing myself a blow-out 29th birthday party. My friend Jennifer inspired me to do this as she did up her 29th birthday in style. My other reason for celebrating 29 instead of the traditional 30- I plan to remain 29 forever. After this year I will never again admit to my age. I just can't age gracefully, sorry. I don't plan on growing older without a fight! :)

Good news on the weight loss front- down an additional 3.5 pounds, and over the Christmas holidays too! Go me! 9.5 lbs to go to reach pre-Seeley weight!

3 comments:

dave and jenn said...

You should definitely throw yourself an amazing 29th birthday bash! You deserve it!

Mollie said...

Our apartment may have been kinda shabby but on the bright side we didn't have to fight for a parking space every morning. Oh good times...good times. Remember then we couldn't wait to get out...now I wish we were young again and carefree.

Steph said...

I'm debating Jenn. Problem is the venue; I'm just not sure my house can comfortably hold that many people!

Mollie-Did you know our old apartment building is no more? Brand new parking spots are in its place-kinda sad. I sometimes wonder why I rushed through college. I should have enjoyed it more . . . and I do miss being out past dark! Ha!