Friday, March 9, 2012

In the zone

Just in case you were wondering, school has completely sucked away my free time.  Gone.  Buh-bye.  How long has it been since I've blogged?  A year?  Not that my blog posts are riveting or anything like that, but I have had some family members start nagging.  Then I started noticing that my blog looks a little blah . . . I need to do some updating to give it a fresh feel.  Soooo, I'll just add that to the to-do list!

School update first.  The actual classwork isn't hard.  I find myself pleased that I waited to get my MBA simply because now I have all this real life experience that makes things just so much easier.  Marketing plan?  Pffft.  Can do one in my sleep, thankyouverymuch!  My classmates no longer give me the fish eye as if I'm some alien, the non-traditional student. They've figured out that I'm pretty handy to have around if an A is your goal! :)

The one difficult thing about school is the time sink.  I'm doing homework on my lunch breaks, after the kids go to bed, during naptime on the weekends . . . this is starting to get annoying.  I have a lovely craft project just waiting on me, and absolutely no time to do it!  But, there you go.  Hubs has been lovely.  When my Marketing midterm was due this past week he got the kids ready and to school so that I could do some homework at the unlikely hour of 6am . . . did I mention I don't get much sleep either?!

The kids seem to put up with my being gone two nights a week fairly well.  I think it helps that I also put off homework until they're in bed, etc. so I'm not taking any additional time away from them.  AND, when I'm at school Jeremy will let them eat McDonalds and destroy the house.  Perks of being Daddy I guess.  He'll usually pick it up too. Usually.

My little sweeties are getting so big!  I'll do their posts later this month, but couldn't resist a quick picture.

Your's truly is turning the big 3-0 this month and I've decided to do it in style.  How?  It'll go a little something like this:

Jeremy thinks I'm nuts.  Absolutely certifiable.  BUT, I'm so excited about doing a tandem skydive I can hardly stand it!!  I'll be doing it in Northwest AR, so hopefully we'll be able to see our sweet friends the Hollands and meet baby Jade (hint, hint) while we're in the area.

1 comment:

dave and jenn said...

Happy birthday, Steph! Can't wait to see you this weekend!