Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Brawl and a Show


For those that didn't know, one of our other four legged kids had surgery last week. Dakota is Jeremy's 9 1/2 year old lab (he got her waaay back when we were dating) and she is THE BEST dog ever. She was having some issues that are too disgusting to detail so after a late night call to the vet and an early trip to the office the next morning for yours truly, Dakota had surgery last week to remove an infection in her uterus and also be spayed. In order to recouperate she has been staying in the house. Normally this would not be a problem, except Maybell and Dakota both like to be Top Dog and tend to brawl. So, last night all three dogs were crowded around Emma's highchair while we were eating supper (Jeremy was working late so I was manning the zoo on my own) and behaving themselves quite well. All of a sudden I hear Dakota growling. Apparently Maybell is sniffing inside Dakota's personal space bubble and before I can do much more than stand up to try and separate them the fight is on. And let me tell you-it was vicious. Dakota may be a senior citizen and recovering from surgery but she doesn't take any crap. So, Rosie runs away, Maybell and Dakota are trying to kill each other, I'm trying to get between them and Emma is screaming at the top of her lungs. Long story short it took me FOUR tries to separate them and I finally had to lock Maybell up in her kennel. Looking back it was very ironic that both dogs were trying to literally rip the other's throat out, but the instant either one accidentally bit down on my arm or something they would immediately let go-I guess I can be thankful for that at least.
In other news, I think I'm going to talk Jeremy into going to the movies with me in a couple of weeks. This would be the first movie we've gone to since before Emma was born. Twilight is set to hit theatres on Nov. 21 and I desperately want to see it. I read this book purely by accident while stuck in the Dallas Airport trying to get to Omaha for a Union Pacific meeting. I wandered into the bookstore and the cover of the book caught my eye. As most of you know I'm addicted to supernatural stuff-vampires, werewolves, witches, ghosts, etc- not cult/obsessed addicted-merely harmless entertainment. ( I also own every Harry Potter book). Anyway, I fell in love with the book and wound up reading all four books in the saga. I'm psyched about the movie and I hope it's not a disappointment. Now I just need to round up a babysitter . . .

No comments: