Friday, November 14, 2008

Santa Train- Choo Choo!


As many of you know I'm in charge of a little thing called Santa Train. If you're from Magnet you know what I'm talking about.


(YES- I work for the railroad that always blocks the highway at Butterfield, and NO- I will not make them move no matter how many times you call and complain. Suck it up!)
One of my varied duties for the railroad is to organize and pull off the Santa Train each year. TWO Santa Trains to be exact since we are now running a train in the Warren/Monticello area on one of our other branches. Each year we organize sponsors and have stops from Malvern to Mt. Pine where kids can meet Santa, receive a gift, play some games and eat some yummy food. It's really a great community event and helps a lot of children who may not otherwise receive any gifts for Christmas (think Jones Mill children). At any rate, I also have the privilege (or power) to say who gets to go on a train ride also. We have some space on the caboose where friends and family can ride-this is not advertised to the general public so you didn't hear it from me. Space is limited but lucky for those of you reading this you know someone with pull . . . If you'll be in the area on Saturday December 6th give me a shout and I'll get you on the train. Jeremy will be engineering for a portion of the day so our nephew Holton is going to ride in the cab of the locomotive and "help" Uncle Jeremy drive.

No comments: